Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flash used on Super Speed Graphic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emil Zelasko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello...this certainly is an informative site.

I have a Super Speed Graphic and have been trying to determine what are the correct (Graflex) flash assembly models (standard bulb flash as well as any Graflex strob) for this camera.

If anyone could please advise....thanks!

Emil
Jack5541

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emil,
Really no need to cross-post the same question in 2 different sections. Being a flash question, it rightly belongs here in the FLASH section.
The response that Les gave in the SPEED GRAPHIC section pretty much says it all as far as period-correct original Graflex electronic flash equipment for the Super Speed.
However, any modern electronic flash can be used with this camera, presuming you want to spend the money to have a custom sync cord made by Paramount to fit the plug on the side of the camera. This would be far cheaper than, as Les pointed out, getting the dummy battery case & Stoboflash IV head which use expensive batteries.
I had Paramount make a cord for my Sunpak 522 going to the camera outlet and this works well on my Super Speed. Of course, the reason you need to use this camera outlet is that there are no sync terminals on the Graflex 1000 shutter.
Of course, for bulb flash, the correct unit would be either the Graflite #2773 3-cell battery case or the #2772 2-cell battery case. I have both and I think the 2-cell case looks a little more correct, since it is shorter and the camera is a bit smaller than a Pacemaker. The shorter battery case also puts the bulb a little closer to the lens.

[ This Message was edited by: Jack5541 on 2004-03-12 10:18 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: