Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where to get ground glass for super graphic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnadeau

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a nice super graphic with 21 film holders and a 405 polaroid back....and all for about $200. I was very happy. needed some cleaning though. in the process of cleaning I slightly messed up the ground glass in one corner by cleaning off a magic marker line on the fresnel using nail polish and some got on the ground glass. dumb move. still usable but not right. now I am looking for a replacement ground glass. anyone know where to get these for this camera? is this a standard generic size or specific to the super graphic? any help will be greatly appreciated.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's okay to say: go to ebay.com..click on browse...photo... and type in ground glass in search. Also, Stephen Shuart at http://www.stephenshuart.com has all sizes of ground glass, or can custom cut any size. Fred.
jnadeau

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info. stuart has quite an assortment of supplies. after a little research I found I made a mistake...the fresnel was what was messed up. its made out of a thick plastic-like material and just could not withstand the nailpolish remover. bad move on my part.
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find washing fresnels with regular dishwashing detergent, a soft sponge, and wiping gently with the curivature of the groves, rinsing toe soap off holding by edges only then diping in a rinse with photoflow and allowing to air dry takes care of 90% of dirty fresnel problems. This works with realy bad Groundglass also. Mildly dirty or finger prints Windex or lens cleaner.
Charles

bryanlaplante

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought a couple fresnel magnifiers at the local Officewhatever. Look around near the hand held magnifiers - I find a 8.5 x 11 inch plastic one. I cut them down to size using the table saw. Seem to work fine, or a least a lot better than just a ground glass alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: