Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x4 speed front standard wobbly on 'back' track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanlaplante

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten a 90mm lens for my 3x4 speed, which requires the lens standard to be on the 'back' track (the one that lives inside the box). When the standard is locked on the front track it is very nice and solid. But on the back track you can easily wobble the top of the standard in and out by a couple millimeters. Not too good for stable focus! Is this normal, since the back track is so short, or is it abnormal, and if so, what do I look at or do? Thanks!
extraparts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am wrong on this. Does the standard move on the track or does the track move too?

Sometimes people try to close the camera or drop the bed with the track not fully back. This can crack the slots that the small body track sits in. If this is the case, you will need to replace these slots.

If the standard is just sitting in the wrong place not fully on or off, you might try a recesed lens board to get it fully on to the front tracks, or a extended lens board to get it fully on the the rear tracks.

Neal
bryanlaplante

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the rear track is moving, as the standard is stable when clamped onto the front track. I'll have to look at the 'slots' I guess.
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No guess work allowed here! GG focus that 90mm, check the front edge of standard with reference to rear rail segment front; if standard front edge extends beyond rail front by 1/8 inch or more follow Neal's advise. My 90mm super angalon on the 45 pacemaker is simularly tricky.
Charles.
P.S.
Just remembered a trick. Drop the bed, run the rails as far foward as possible, stop lens down to shooting aperture, then move on rails to furthest distance desired is in focus. Difficult, but doable.
C

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2002-07-21 20:14 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: