Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Police or Military View II ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Neubert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My View has a rail length of 17", a bellows measurement of 14.5" extended, and the standards swing from the center. From what I have read on this site, I believe this to be a View II. The differences are that it has a black bellows, the plate on the front has no patent number, nor does it have the letter 8 after the address. The plate is marked Graflex/General Precision. Two patent numbers are cast into the rear side of the front plate. Police or Military?

[ This Message was edited by: Mark Neubert on 2002-09-01 14:21 ]
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short rail model (17"), normally would be a View I model, it had a single strut arrangement for tilting the lensboard, and a 12 1/2" bellows...the View II model had short struts on arms that pivoted just below center line of lens, a longer rail (21"), and a 15 1/2" bellows! Look in the 'CAMERA' section on the Home Page, .....front photo is a View II! Patent no's are not a difinitive way to find camera info, the ser no is what you need, and you will find that on the backside of the lensboard, and it will be a 6 digit no.,
probably 400,000 + ...VI 1941/1948
VII 1949/1967 ..........And the black bellows was optional from factory, red was the normal color! Bert

[ This Message was edited by: bertsaunders on 2002-09-01 22:30 ]
Les

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on Graphic View by any means. but from the the great article here on the sight the easiest way to tell a GVI from a GVII is that the standards on a I pivot at the bottom, near the rail, while the II they pivot near the center of the lens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: