Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

compact graflex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montana Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a long time speedgraphic user and was asked by a family to help sell a compact graflex. It is the 1916-20? model in excellent condition with small film pack back. It has been well cared for and has several film packs. In the same carrying case there is a flash unit with the old screw in flash bulbs. I never saw flash on this age camera. Does the camera handle flash? How/where would you sell it and at what price range?
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reference material list 2 versions of this camera, the 3 1/4 X 5 1/2 made from 1915-1924 and sold for $70 body only to $120 with a lens atthe high end. The 5 x 7 was made from 1916 to 1925 and sold for $90 body only to a high of $152 with lens. Suggest checking McKeown's at the local library or go to http://www.google.com and do a search for camera price guides. Once condition and current value have been established the fastest turning is on EBAY.

Les

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash bulbs came around in the late 30s so this camera was not equiped for flash from the factory. Most post factory adaptations to get the camera to sync with flash were obvious and ugly, so if that hasn't happed then the flash was used unsync'd (set the camera on bulb, open the lens flash the bulb by hand then close the lens.)

I'd agree with 4PSS, Ebay is the place to go with it. Make sure you put in your text who it was made by--"Folmer & Schwing Division of EKc" is different from Folmer & Schwing Department of Ekc" and double check the size as some collector covet the postcard size while others prefer the 5x7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: