Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

super graphic ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sobahguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi...my dad has just unearthed and passed down his super graphic to me. i have a couple of questions about it. first off, what type of battery is needed & what does the battery power? i would think its function would be the exposure meter. in browsing the info on this site, it may also have something to do with the electronic shutter release. all that he found was the camera so i'm guessing about the electronics involved, not having the camera's manual. also, can the shutter be tripped manually with the 2773 battery case and, if so, what type of connection is needed between the case & camera. my dad said he had a y-shaped heavy-duty cord with household blades which plugged into the shutter & remote outlets on the graflite then the other end went into the 3-prong outlet on the lower right side of the camera body. can anyone elaborate on how this worked? he couldn't remember exactly how it worked but he thinks he could trip the shutter with the graflite and also possibly from a button near the top of the camera. any help would be appreciated. thanks alot.
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 2002-04-16 06:10, sobahguy wrote:
hi...my dad has just unearthed and passed down his super graphic to me. i have a couple of questions about it. first off, what type of battery is needed & what does the battery power?

Someone else can tell you what battery to get, and where.

i would think its function would be the exposure meter.

No meter in this camera.

in browsing the info on this site, it may also have something to do with the electronic shutter release. all that he found was the camera so i'm guessing about the electronics involved, not having the camera's manual.

Yes, that battery powers the solenoid [electronic] shutter release, if a proper shutter/lensboard is used. You can purchase a manual for this camera from John Craig Books. [highly recommended because these cameras are fairly complicated].

also, can the shutter be tripped manually with the 2773 battery case and, if so, what type of connection is needed between the case & camera. my dad said he had a y-shaped heavy-duty cord with household blades which plugged into the shutter & remote outlets on the graflite then the other end went into the 3-prong outlet on the lower right side of the camera body. can anyone elaborate on how this worked? he couldn't remember exactly how it worked but he thinks he could trip the shutter with the graflite and also possibly from a button near the top of the camera. any help would be appreciated. thanks alot.

Let's keep the terms straight. You used the term "manually". That normally means actuating the shutter release with your fingers or with a mechanical cable release.

Yes, as I said before, if your camera is correctly equiped with the right board/shutter, you can ELECTRICALLY actuate the shutter release. [I make this distinction because the shutter can be "released" even off the board, so the real question is what actually trips that mechanical release]. The "Y" cord he was referring to handles both the sychronization of the flash AND the release of the shutter ELECTRICALLY. Yes, there was a release on the flash tube [see a red button?] and some Graphics also had a release on the left side like he described. Look for a Graflite manual too. It really helps with the battery tube settings.

Hope that helps.
extraparts

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the batteries advertised I think by Midwest photo (nice folks). However the best price I have seen is about $18 each (takes two) they are as I remember 22 volts.

Most Super's have the battery door missing which completes the contact between the two batteries. Midwest I think also has reproduction battery doors. I think I remember $35.

Do you really want that little red button to work that bad?

Neal
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the top left side of the rangefinder with the back facing you, see a red button?
It operates a focus aid light (if bulb is good) for the rangefinder. Low/no light focusing! That's the only other function of batteries not yet covered.
Other than synching flash bulbs nothing on this camera any more complicated than a top RF pacemaker or crown, but that rotating back beats turning the camera.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: