Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sharing 90mm lense on GVII and Crown

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harkness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can I Switch a 90 mm lense on a crown and a gvII without taking the lense off of one lenseboard.

thanks. and, which 90 lense do you recommend? newer or older?

thanks
Les

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they made an adapter board for the GV cameras to accept all 4x5 graphic lensboard. Get one of those and all of your lenses can move between the two.

I prefer a Graphex shutter over a supermatic so I'd go with the optar/raptar or the 88mm B&L (an underrated lens that ususally goes cheap)

A 90 angulon is not that expensive and will fit both cameras. Not however that most lenses that will fit easily in a Crown or speed will have limited movements. If you get a lens that will allow maximum movements on your GV then it'll be a honkin piece of glass and won't fit the Graphic.

Ex: 90m SUPER Angulon will cover 5x7 or 4x5 with lots of movement, but you can't fit it in a Graphic unless you remove the rear cell , put the lens on and put the rear cell on through the back of the camera.

the new stuff is too expensive for me to even look at but I hear the 80xl is very nice, and big too.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2005-12-24 20:28 ]
RichS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, got my curiosity up and I tried a 90mm from my Crown on my GVII with an adapter board. Doesn't even come close to focusing at infinity. I even tried moving the tripod mount out from between the standards, but this only picks up about 1/4 inch more space, and still no infinity.
So unless you're only interested in using the 90mm for close-ups, forget the adapter board and pick up a 'new' 90 plus a recessed board for your View...
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2005-12-24 20:29 ]
RichS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-30 11:22, 45PSS wrote:
Thanks for correcting me (us). Physical fit does not equal optical in this case.

Charles

I hope you aren't really taking what I said as a "correction"? Wasn't meant that way at all...
I thought it might not work because even with the recessed board there's no room for movements at all, but I had to check first just for myself...
I was really hoping someone would come up and say "Hey, I've got this lens and it works just fine.". But somehow I doubt any 90 or lower will work that way. I have no idea if any of the WA have an optical center more rear of the lens board? Would be nice though... I did try this with my 65 S.Angulon, but obviously it's worse than the 90 on the adapter... And I'm not buying another one! ;-0 But I am trying to figure out a way to make a 4x4 recessed board to Graphic adapter! Or something like that anyway. It really hurts to not be able to use the lenes on both...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: