Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Film holder for Speed Graphic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrismp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Film holder for Speed Graphic Reply with quote

I have just been given a Speed Graphic that is in great condition and I can't wait to learn how to use it. Six film holders came with it and they are also in great condition. My issue is they hold film that is 3.25x4.25. Every where I look for film the smallest is 4x5. So, will a 4x5 film holder work with this camera? Or do I need to learn how to trim film in the dark??
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size is the camera? 3x4 or 4x5? 4x5 sheet film holders into 3x4 cameras will not go.
jamesthorpe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Film holder for Speed Graphic Reply with quote

Harrismp wrote:
I have just been given a Speed Graphic that is in great condition and I can't wait to learn how to use it. Six film holders came with it and they are also in great condition. My issue is they hold film that is 3.25x4.25. Every where I look for film the smallest is 4x5. So, will a 4x5 film holder work with this camera? Or do I need to learn how to trim film in the dark??

Ilford does a special run of unique films sizes every year, and 3x4 is one of them. Also, in this case, eBay is your friend for expired 3x4.

I also buy 4x5 Arista and cut it down to 3x4. Yes, it's wasteful, but it's only Arista. To make this process easier in the dark, I bought a cheap plastic paper slicer at Staples (the kind with the rolling cutter wheel), measured out the dimensions of the 3x4 sheet film, and carved notches in the cutter so I could feel my way in the dark. Works great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: