Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yanke Ultra bright Fresnel Focusing Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingwoman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Yanke Ultra bright Fresnel Focusing Screen Reply with quote

Dear Members,
I recently ordered a Yanke screen for my 1949 Speed Graphics. It has a Graflok back. The size I need is 100mm x 121.4mm. Rudy sent 102 x 123mm. The second one is 101.5mm x 122mm ; still will not fit.

Has anyone had the same problem with this screen?

Kind Regards,
Charla
BrianShaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, either their tolerances are very loose or they are sending whatever they have rather than what was ordered. Not a highly desireable situation.

Maybe you should re-measure and ensure they know that your measurements are a "not to exceed" specification.
vikingwoman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianShaw wrote:
Wow, either their tolerances are very loose or they are sending whatever they have rather than what was ordered. Not a highly desireable situation.

Maybe you should re-measure and ensure they know that your measurements are a "not to exceed" specification.

Hi Brian,
Rudy makes screens in Hong Kong. I think he is mixing up a screen sizes for a pre Graflok or a Graflex camera. I have used a diamond hone but taking off 2mm of glass is a chore and made a few scratches in the process.
They are good screens ; the grid matt in plastic was easy to resize but the glass plate is not. I think he is making a 3rd glass plate and hope it is 1oomm in height.
choiliefan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have a new screen on order but if that doesn't pan out, consider a glass shop in your area with the appropriate wet belt sander to grind down the sides of the glass for you. Shouldn't cost more than a couple bucks and could be done while you wait.
All the best,
vikingwoman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. Sound like a good way to make things fit.

Charla[/quote]
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy one or more of these
( http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l14480.html ), take to your local glass shop, and have them cut to size. You could get four "4x5" screens out of one 9.5x11 piece: a bargain, and you'd have a lifetime supply!

P.S. But it's not a fresnel. Sorry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: