Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set Pacemaker Speed Graphic Infinity Stops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockphotographer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: How to set Pacemaker Speed Graphic Infinity Stops Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 90mm graflex lens in the original factory packaging with the matching cam. I have confirmed that they match and are correct...I am having trouble setting the infinity stops for this lens though. They don't seem to go back far enough.

Here's what I've done so far.....

I put my camera on a tripod...

I set my focus scale so that the two infinity marks match up (for my 135mm lens).

I unlocked the front standard and slid it forward and back until I had an object at least a couple blocks away in focus.

I locked the front standard at that set point.

I found that the infinity stops wouldn't go far enough back to make this spot on the rails the infinity stop. The front standard is just behind the front door hinge when it says it's in focus via the ground glass.

I have the cam for this lens...it's a 90mm in the original Graflex box....so I don't know what I'm doing wrong hah!

Let me know what you think...

-Charles
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is not necessary to post in different for the same question on this site.
Rockphotographer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have offended anyone with more than one post. Didn't know.
Bob Van Arsdell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: "wide-angle" infinity stops Reply with quote

A few years ago I bought a pair of "wide-angle" infinity stops on ebay. They have one of the screw-tabs ground off, and thus mount with only a single screw. I assume they would fix your problem.

I don't know if they are a true Graflex part, they aren't listed in the 1965 nor 1973 dealer binders. It would be easy to grind youself a set starting with a normal set of stops.

If you need a photo, please let me know and I'll email you one.

Bob Van Arsdell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: