Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Filter adapters for optar 8"/ƒ7.5 & WF Ektar 100mm/

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodplane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Filter adapters for optar 8"/ƒ7.5 & WF Ektar 100mm/ Reply with quote

Hi all,
One thing I appreciate about the 35mm world is the development of a near standard for filter sizes. Every LF lens I own has a different filter size. I'd like to adapt my 52mm filters from the 35mm world and/or my Series 6 filters to whatever filter size goes with these lenses:

Graflex Optar 8" (203mm) ƒ7.5
Kodak Wide Field Ektar 100mm ƒ6.3

There's also a couple of Schneider lenses, but it was easy enough to look up the filter sizes for those. If anyone could post the size adapter I need for these and/or any suggestions about where to find adapters, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Optar 203, you'll need a 39.5 mm (1-9/16") series 6 slip ring to use with series 6 filters. Alternatively, series 6 thread is 44 mm, so if you can find a 44-to-52 mm step ring, you're in business with the 52 mm filters from your 35 mm kit; of course, you'd need the 39.5 mm step ring in either case. I obtained both of these items, the slip ring and the step ring, at camera shows in my area (e. PA) several years ago, but today that source has pretty much dried up, at least around here, so I guess the auction site is the go-to place now. Good luck!
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You open the "search" function, type "series filter" into the keyword box then check the "search for all the terms" check dot then the search button and get 95 matches which
http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=3324&highlight=series+filter
is the second one. The other 93 may provide some good reading when you want to spend the time.
2. You take a fine graduation ruler and measure the outside diameter of the lens front cell. To convert to mm from inch multiply inch by 25.4, to convert mm to inch divide mm by 25.4.
3. The 100mm WFE needs a 42mm ( 1 21/32 inch) series VI/6 slip on adapter. You will find both the roman numeral and standard number version designation listed on the auction site.
dranders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Filter adapters Reply with quote

I'm in the same fix as Woodplane only my LF lenses are an ancient 6 "1/2 Ilex No. 3 f 4.5 and a Spiratone 105mm f 6.8. Any idea if the 44 - 52 step ring and 42 mm slip on adaptor would work on these? Thanks.

Oh, I'm new to the site and getting back into 4 x 5 view after a long absence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: