Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for camera and flash to borrow for a production

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ukdavidwoods

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Looking for camera and flash to borrow for a production Reply with quote

Hi

My son is tech director for an August 2013 production of the show anything goes in Winchester UK? I was wondering if anyone in the area might loan a camera of the style the Press used in the 1930s as a prop. I understand a graflex would be the right type.

Many thanks
PaulK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no one has answered this before now. I live in the US, where Graflex cameras are common. I own some, but shipping to the UK would be prohibitively expensive. I just looked at eBay UK, and there are not many Graflex items at all.

Something like this would fit the time period:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thornton-Pickard-Special-Ruby-Camera-/300895416975?pt=UK_Photography_VintageCameras_SM&hash=item460ec3b28f

It might be a bit early, but that doesn't mean it would not have been used.

I couldn't really find anything else that wasn't quite expensive (75 pounds or more).

Good Luck!
Ukdavidwoods

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Many Thanks Reply with quote

Many Thanks for your research I have found a hire company in the Uk that will hire for £40, so I think we will go with that. It's been an interesting exercise.

Looks like there is quite a hire market out there for theatricals.

PaulK wrote:
Sorry no one has answered this before now. I live in the US, where Graflex cameras are common. I own some, but shipping to the UK would be prohibitively expensive. I just looked at eBay UK, and there are not many Graflex items at all.

Something like this would fit the time period:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thornton-Pickard-Special-Ruby-Camera-/300895416975?pt=UK_Photography_VintageCameras_SM&hash=item460ec3b28f

It might be a bit early, but that doesn't mean it would not have been used.

I couldn't really find anything else that wasn't quite expensive (75 pounds or more).

Good Luck!

PaulK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I buy, refurbish, and re-sell these cameras. I know some have gone to folks who've either used them in productions, or who own businesses that hire them out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: