Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5x7 Press Graflex Film Holder Challenge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parkeralto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: 5x7 Press Graflex Film Holder Challenge Reply with quote

I am thrilled with my latest acquisition, a very nice Press Graflex that has been quietly sitting on a shelf for many decades. Built in 1921, it is original and complete and even has a couple of little added features that I have never seen before; a high quality, rectangular (3x) magnifier fitted inside the hood, and a clamp-on lever and auxiliary f stop pointer for adjusting aperture without having to open the lens box cover.
The camera will need a bit of CLA to be fully functional but the main challenge is finding film holders. It came with a mint 7" roll film holder that hasn't had film available for 60 years. It did not come with the special Press Graflex spring back. I think I could adapt or even make a spring back for regular 5x7 holders but would need a sample to get it right. Ideally I would like to locate a spring back or bag mag for the camera. If anyone in the Graflex community has any ideas I would love the hear them. So until such time I can post photos taken with the Press Graflex I will attach a few of the camera.
[
5x7 Press Graflex rear by Maxsame, on Flickr][
5x7 Press Graflex - 1920 by Maxsame, on Flickr]

Last edited by Parkeralto on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
willysmb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Some pics from my Press ( I sold it last year)
For the specific bag mag, good luck, but I used a 5*7 bag mag with a home made fixation.
For the cut film sorry I sold it with the camera but with patience you can find sometime on ebay.
http://www.speedgraphic.fr/Pressuk.html
willysmb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Parkeralto

On the last jan 21, I posted an answer to you about your requested.
I want just to say today that the minmum from education and correction is to say "many thanks" for the time and the answer.

I'm perhaps a Frenchh bastard to your eyes but here, in Europe we know to say thank's.

have a good way !

laurent
Parkeralto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Sincere Appology Reply with quote

Yes I have been negligent with a reply, I do appreciate your response to my question. My only excuse is a perfectly wicked flu which sliced a two week chunk out of my life.
I must however object to your assuming I have any lack of regard for the French. Quite the contrary. I have only the warmest memories of my travels in France and the French people (and the food and the wine and the Champagne, etc etc.) Even the waiters in the cafes of Paris that I encountered were remarkably polite considering the stupidity of the tourists they often have to deal with. I would further confess that I find a woman speaking English with a French accent to be quite seductive to the point where I almost married one. So there, you can blame me for being rude but not for disliking the French.

Parker
willysmb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Friend, no problems with you.
I have no idea from the US quality welcome, the only travel in the familly was made by my grand grand grand .. father General de Miollis, in 1776 injured in Yorktown for America's freedom !

All is right, have pleasure with your Press.

Laurent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: