Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dug out two more Graphics. Date help please and question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Dug out two more Graphics. Date help please and question Reply with quote

Dug out two Graphics I've had a long time. Used the newer one recently, but with recent additional discoveries, (see other post), I have a greatly renewed interest.

Here are my old ones:

1. Speed Graphic I guess, it's not marked. 4x5 On inside of tip-out door, stencilled in small orange stamping is, "SC 1112A." This camera also has a Government i.d. plate, HEW, (Health, Education and Welfare?), so orange mark may be related?? Inside body, above lens board is nicely stamped into wood, "319935." I'm guessing that's the real serial number. Camera has old Graflex view finder, Kalart Sync. RF, Graflok back, (must have been updated with that), but no snap-open hood. FP shutter. Wooden lens board.
??????? date?

2. Speed Graphic, 4x5. s/n 857170. FP shutter, (fancier controls than camera above). Kalart Sync. RF. Graflok back. This is the one I use; I got it from County surplus here in WA state about 25 years ago.
Date?

Thanks,
Dennis in E WA state
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

319935- #406 of the first batch of 2500 4x5 Anniversary Speed Graphics built in 1943. Probably came off the line in the first or early second quarter of 1943.
http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/Anniversary.pdf
http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/AnniversaryService1.pdf

857170- #1450 of a batch of 5000 4x5 Speed Graphics (Pacemaker) which began production in late 1950 with a second batch of 5000 listed in early 1951.
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_5.html
DennisT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

45PSS: Thank you for the new information. I had visited two of the links you provided, but, not knowing my work camera was even a, "Pacemaker," the link for that manual is terriffic.

Thanks again,
Dennis
bruiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis,

The 'SC 1112A' stamp on your 1943 camera is an Army Signal Corps acceptance stamp used during WWII.

Cheers,
Bruce
http://graflex.coffsbiz.com
DennisT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: wow. Reply with quote

Wow. Bruiser, thank you. Such details may not mean much to most folks, but it does to me. Besides, 1943 is the year I was born.

So my camera is a Veteran. (Unknown if used in war zone I'm sure).

Dennis
bruiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing whether your camera was a training school unit or used at the front line, unless it has a bullet hole or two

Nice one to own.

Cheers,
Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: