Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New (to me) Speed Graphic, couple of questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WoodyB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: New (to me) Speed Graphic, couple of questions Reply with quote

Been shooting MF for quite some time and decided to give LF a try. I purchased an older Pacemaker Speed Graphic 4X5 (sn 751475) and had a couple of questions.

My Speed Graphic has the "springback" and I would like to install a Graflok back. I did a search and apparently it done quite often but no one mentions how big/small a project this would be. I reasonably adept at tinkering, but how tough might it be?

Second question is based on the serial number 751475, could someone approximate the year of manufacture? No real reason for this question other than I'm curious.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Johnny
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

751xxx is near the beginning of a block of 50,000 numbers allocated for 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Pacemaker Speed Graphics. No assignment of 750000 to 754000 is listed so it is therefore assumed numbers in this group were used from the Pacemaker introduction in 1947 through 1949.

The camera size is the largest film size it takes. Measure the ground glass, gg opening or the gg cover. All will be close to the format of the camera.

Changing from a Graphic to Graflok back is a simple matter of removing the screws around the perimeter of the back, lifting the back off the body, sitting the replacement onto the body, and reinstalling the screws. Both backs must be for the same format camera. The screws are not all the same size/length. Transposing the screws can damage the body.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: