Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storing the Super Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Storing the Super Graphic Reply with quote

Sometime ago, a friend that once owned a camera store in Missouri suggested that the Super Graphic be stored with the bed open and the front standard retracted back into the housing so that the rangefinder tape would not take a permanent "set" when the door (bed) is closed. I have followed this practice. Does this really matter?
bartbob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Super Speed Graphic last October that had been folded up and stored since the mid 1970's. After 35 or so years of hibernating, its rangefinder performed flawlesly and there was no visible flaw in the rangefinder tape or other parts. Only a bit of relocating the front standard a few thousandths to agree with the rangefinder for perfect focus and aligning the right mirror for vertical rangefinder image coincidence.

Its shutter needed cleaning and adjusting as it wasn't set to B (or 0 on that Graflex 1000) as the speeds were about 50% off due to the springs being under too much tension for all those years.

Yours may well do the same.
BrianShaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My superGraphic needed a touch of adjustment, like described by BartBob, when I got it many years ago. But the rangefinder tape has taken a "set" over the years and needs to be tickled to get it to work the first time. So I store the camera open now and it does help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: