Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto diaphragm mechanics on Super D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Auto diaphragm mechanics on Super D Reply with quote

I have a 4x5 RB Auto Graflex, the 190mm lens with the auto feature and mechanical abilities. I would like to adapt the camera to use the auto stopdown lens, but haven't had the opportunity to study(or see) how it's done on the super D.
I can manufacture the parts, and could possibly come up with a non-graflex method, but would prefer to borrow some of the Super D design.

Could anyone send or post a drawing, photograph or even an explaination?

Many thanks in advance,

Marc
richard700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mirror release mechanism on my SuperD is very different from two other 4x5s I have.
Those are both considerably older, so I don't know if newer non-supers were more similar.
But basically in the end, it's just a lever that moves up to trip the diaphram release lever.
I'm new here and don't know how to post a pic -
tell me how or pm your email
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To post a picture on this site upload it to an image hosting site, then link it here.
richard700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac215/Richard700/Public/DSC00369.jpg

Hope this helps -
It'll be a little complicated to duplicate exactly -
you might be better off kludging something
Marc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Richard.
I didn't expect to manufacture a direct copy, as my machining capabilities are quite limited. Mine would be a variant.
Mine is a ca 1920 auto, so have the longer front and smaller bellows and lensboard, so have less room for fitting whatever.
I could come up with ideas for most of what I need, but didn't know how thet were managing the lens board racking out and in, while keeping a connection, which has been explained in your photo. I hadn't thought of a splined shaft. I'm sure a simple square shaft would work, as well.
Of course, the rise capability of the Auto Graflex, and the drop front makes the issue more comlipated.
I may take the easy road and accomplish the activation externally. Not sure, yet, but appreciate the help. I thought my post was dead!

Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: