Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleaning a Speed Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pierson2001

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've got my 'new' speedgraphic, and would really like to clean it up a little bit, mainly for cosmetic reasons, but I guess getting all that dust out couldn't hurt. What's the best way to clean / polish the chrome? What screws can be safely removed to better access some of those hard-to-reach parts, without running the risk of damaging the wood.

Also, the space between the bottom of the front standard and the plate underneath it (held together by those bolts which move when using shift) is very dirty, and making it hard to shift the standard side to side.

Any other general links to Speed Graphic cleaning / maintainence etc would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

--Tim
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you asked, you may need a complete repair manual as scanned pages usually come in at 1mb. Using this link, "reprinted repair manuals" #900022 covers post anniversary to 1955 top RF. others in link box "Graflex Repair". Everything speed and crown anniversary on can be found in one of the links.
http://www.craigcamera.com/lit_index.htm

I used CRC Electronic Cleaner to clean the metal parts of my pacemaker speed of dirt and dried lubericants.

Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2002-03-07 19:18 ]
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexan or neatsfoot oil (shoe repair stores)to clean and preserve leather--body and bellows--shoe brush to make it shine--silver or chrome polish to clean metal!
Parts to remove--only 3>>attach plate for top viewfinder, cover from RF--and handle>>put all screws in lidded jar, and note where they came from---(RF case has 2 wood screws @ top, and machine screws @ bottom)>>would not go farther than that!
Bert
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim
I have the Graflex Service Instructions and Parts List for the 45 Pacemaker Crown & Speed Graphic With Graphic (top mounted) RangeFinder (1955 and later...). Every part of the camera manual has a 'Cleaning and Inspection' Section. If you still need additional info, please email me and I'll get the sheets to you. I have uploaded on my web site all my Graflex, Graflite, etc. manuals except the above maentioned one. That one I have about 17 pages uploaded at this time, the manual is 40 pages long. Each page varies between 200kb to a little over 400kb. It takes me only about 3 minutes to upload each file with a measly telephone/modem connection. Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: