Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anniversary boards on Pacemaker standard...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Anniversary boards on Pacemaker standard... Reply with quote

Hi,
This may seem like an odd question, but I was wondering if, before I pick up a screwdriver, anyone knows whether the lensboard mount is compatible between the Pacemaker and Anniversary.

I have a few lenses on Anniversary boards, but just got a Pacemaker in fantastic condition, and like the couple of advantages that it has over the Anniversary, however it would be handy if I could swap the aluminium frame for the older bakelite 4" frame, thus making it also compatible with my other gear.

Cheers,
t
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Anniversary and Pacemaker front standards are different and take different size boards.
The Pacemaker board is 3.648 inch/92.68 mm X 3.712 inch/94.28mm with a .149 inch/3.78 mm lip and rounded corners.

The easiest would be to mount all lens on Pacemaker boards and make an adapter for the Pacemaker board to the Anniversary.
tf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I know the boards are rather different, but to me the Anniversary board is much better, as i can mount a larger lens on it, and make a board myself. So I had a look, and can see that the bellows would be a problem, in a direct adaptation, so I shall have to look into the possibility of adding 3mm of plywood to the back of the Anniversary bakelite standard to take the Pacemaker bellows...
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same board that fits the Pacemaker also fits the Super/Super Speed. (the board for both cameras has bumps on both the top/bottom and sides; older Pacemaker before Super boards have bumps top/bottom only)

I like black acrylic for lens boards. I normally use 3/16 thick material. For large lens that interfere with the board locks or the locks interfere with the shutter controls I make a shell board that just fits into the front standard opening with the maximum diameter allowable cut out then make a second board with a cutout for the lens and board locks of the front standard and laminate the two together. The shutter controls now clear the front standard, and the lens infinity focuses further back on the rails instead of the front edge of the rails.

The bellows opening of the Pacemaker are probably smaller than the Anniversary and if front standard/bellows opening is the issue then adapting a Pacemaker to accept an Anniversary front standard may not solve the problem.

and yes a Anniversary lens board is probably easier to make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: