Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fuji pro film code notch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricarb173

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: fuji pro film code notch Reply with quote

getting ready for first shoot with 4x5,All the you tube and other videos I watch on loading film say code notch on bottom of right hand corner, The fuji film i have pro160-S says on box emulsion side up when notch in upper right hand corner, is this correct I received this box of film with camera, just want to make sure before i load film holders
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

film code notch top right or lower left = emulsion facing you.
film code notch top left or lower right = emulsion is away from you.
any brand, any year of manufacture. industry standard.
http://www.butzi.net/articles/filmload.htm all you need to know.
pmanzari

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The notch is on the top-right hand side of the short side when the when the short side is on top.
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film cameras use two geometric shapes, square and rectangular.
Rectangular is described in two ways, Portrait orientation-shorter sides top and bottom; landscape-longer sides top and bottom.
Edges of the sheet of film or image is refereed to as top or bottom, left, center, or right; sides-left or right followed by top, center or bottom:
Top left, top center, top right; bottom left, bottom center, bottom right; left top, left center, left bottom; right top, right center, right bottom.

These are the terms I learned in the early '70's when I started photography from professional photographers who stated them to be industry standards. I have not found any printed information anywhere to suggest that they are not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: