Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement darkslide for 5x7 bag mag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msswis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Replacement darkslide for 5x7 bag mag Reply with quote

Three 5x7 Graflex bag mags came with a 5x7 Series B Graflex that I recently acquired. One of them is complete and functional, but the other two are not. Of them, one is simply missing its darkslide, while in the other, the metal piece is broken off the darklside's end, which is now impossible to get enough purchase on with my fingers to pull out of the mag.

So, I have two questions. First - I found that the darkslide from an ordinary 5x7 film holder will not fit in the bag mag that is missing its darkslide. What else could be used to replace it? Second - how do I get the broken darkslide out of the other bag mag without damaging the mag?
Les

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd find an 8x10 darkslide and cut it down. As for the broken one, can you remove the septums and with fingers on both sides of the darkslide push the darkslide through its slot?

Barring that, I'd take a plastic scoring knife and cut the darkslide into pieces and take it out that way.
msswis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Replacement darkslide for 5x7 bag mag Reply with quote

I have tried removing the septums and pushing the darkslide out, and could not. Only part of the edge of the slide is broken off outside the right hand end of the mag, and some of it appears to have broken off inside the slot. I believe it is catching on the velvet. I'll try your suggestion of cutting it and pulling it out from the inside. Thanks!
Les

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other option would be to slip "something" between the darksilde and bag mag to get it to release. That something needs to be thin and stiff, Home Depot sells 8x8 sheets of aluminum that can be cut with kitchen shears. Stiff cardboard might work.

Les
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: