Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x3 RB Series B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: 2x3 RB Series B Reply with quote

I've been wanting one for some time to use as the basis of a 2x3 Dicke Bertha. Turned one up today at a camera show for $20.

No lens, no roll holder but the Graflex back is all there, shutter sticky but functioning and with intact curtain, mirror very dusty. By the s/n (thank you, search function, I found one entry that told me where to look for it) made in the first half of 1948.

Any reasons not to mutilate it somewhat? At the least, bellows, front standard, and focusing rack will have to come out before I can hang a long lens in front of it.

Cheers,

Dan
bruiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

What size lens are you thinking about, a 15 inch Wollensak or similar, or are you going REAL BIG?? Like an old 600mm Nikkor in a Bronica mount...YUM.

Sounds like a nice project, especially for a $20 camera. Save the parts to keep the purists happy!

Keep us informed of the progress

Cheers,
Bruce
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce, I have a couple of lenses that I use on my tandem Graphic (2x3 Speed and Century, front to back with a coupler between 'em) that I'd like to use on an SLR. 305, 360, 420, 480. And I have a 610/9 Apo Nikkor in the closet that I intend to have an adapter made for so I can use it on the tandem.

The Bertha, as I've sketched it, will have a #1 shutter at the front. All of the lenses for the tandem are in adapters to #1. This probably won't work for larger formats, but on 2x3 vignetting isn't a problem even with the 480. I calculate that it will be a problem with the 610, but because of the rear camera's front standard, not because of the #1.

A longer lens for the SLR would be nice, but barring a miracle -- they have happened -- I don't expect to find a 36" or 48" lens that I can afford.

Cheers,

Dan
bruiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW...a tandem graphic! Have you ever posted photos of the beast? How do you keep both cameras aligned? Are they mounted on a plate of some kind?

Sorry about all the questions...but I'm intrigued!!

Cheers,
Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: