Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raptar 90 6.8 filter size
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
troublemaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what, I just tried the Cokin 'cause it was inexpensive and light weight, simple etc... just stayed with it. And I only use it for grad filters anyway; been using 'em for years now. I carry high quality glass for anything else.

Ah, practice with your Grafmatic in the light so you can make sure you are getting the septums in right. I've noted some Gramatics have a tab that needs to be pushed down when closing, but the one I use does not.
I found the key to the deal is all feel anyway, but I always open it and re-familiarize myself with it before loading and going out with it if I haven't used for while. I've loaded mine in a bag a couple times; it can be done.

I see you have a 135 Optar. Nice lens; one of my favorites. Makes a nice portrait in medium format. They can vary a bit. Play around with it wide open for a softer classic look, esspecially if it's an older production run. They do a real nice job with classic automobiles and make a nice star effect on bright chrome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: