Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What film holders for late Graflex Crown.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob.B

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: What film holders for late Graflex Crown. Reply with quote

Hi.

I think earlier today I posted a similar question (of sorts) in the wrong area, sorry!

Anyway I have a Graflex Crown late'ish model, top rangefinder, Sr No 945274. I assume the back is a graphlock but having never actually seen one I can't be sure.

The problem is I have no film holders. So what do I look for? I also have a Mk1 View and I know the film holders from that unit don't fit.

Any help appreciated.

Rob.B
C. Henry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your Crown is a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 you need "Graphic Film Holder Type 5" or compatible ones from Fidelity, Lisco or other manufacturers. Another name for the Graflok back is " International Back".
I assume but am not certain that the same would apply to the larger late model Speed & Crown Graphics.
Be careful about the size as pictures on the auction site can be deceptive!

C. Henry
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C. Henry wrote:
If your Crown is a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 you need "Graphic Film Holder Type 5" or compatible ones from Fidelity, Lisco or other manufacturers. Another name for the Graflok back is " International Back".
I assume but am not certain that the same would apply to the larger late model Speed & Crown Graphics.
Be careful about the size as pictures on the auction site can be deceptive!

C. Henry
Per the mythical and incomplete serial number book 945274 is a 4x5. And the OP wrote top RF Crown.
Rob.B

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a 5x4, thats for sure. If the back is "International Back" compatiable then I shouldn't have too much of an issue. But it's the "if" in the above statement that I'm not sure about.

Rob.B
Billy Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your Graphic has the top-mounted rangefinder it was made in 1955 or later, which means it indeed has the Graflok or International back. This makes it simple -- the standard 4x5 film holders, easily available, will fit.
Rob.B

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Canuck wrote:
If your Graphic has the top-mounted rangefinder it was made in 1955 or later, which means it indeed has the Graflok or International back. This makes it simple -- the standard 4x5 film holders, easily available, will fit.

Cheers, that was what I wanted to hear. Thanks to all (on both threads) for the help and advice.

Rob.B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: