Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using flash unit with 2 extensions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashbulbman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Using flash unit with 2 extensions Reply with quote

Can I run two Graflex extensions off of one 3 or 2 cell units on the camera? If so, how do I connect the first extention to the second extention?
mopar_guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
According to the graflite manual using one extension requires 3 batteries (4.5 volts) and using 2 extensions requires 4 batteries (6 volts). Also, on Pacemaker cameras you can mount two battery cases on the camera and connect the cases together to combine power. One Graflite battery case mounts on the right side of the camera at the rangefinder and the other can be mounted to the hand strap lugs on the left side of the camera. One battery case is like a master and the other is like a slave unit. The master unit can operate the solenoid OR the shutter can be used to close the circuit. Exact connections used will vary depending on your setup.

If you are using the older Graflex Flash with the the round two pin outlets, I believe that all of the round outlets are connected in series and you can run cords from the battery case to two different extensions.

Regards,
Dave
mopar_guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either Graflite style or the older style, you can simply connect the second extension unit to the first unit and so on for as many extensions as you like.
Dave
I guess that I could get a digital camera but it would be obsolete in a couple of years (three tops). Or I could use my 3x4 Anniversary Speed Graphic. Heck, it's been obsolete for 50 years. That's way better than digital.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: