Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x5 D Lensboard Mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john wilton

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: 4x5 D Lensboard Mod Reply with quote

People might be interested in this mod to a friend's 4x5 Super D that lets lensboards be attached to the front of the camera, allowing mounting of lenses that are too big to fit on a 3.75" board; lenses that have a barrel projecting back into the camera that would otherwise foul the mirror; or getting a few extra inches of effective bellows extension.

DHF845

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Modifying Series D Front Door Reply with quote

He's added an early model Home Portrait Graflex-style front standard to his Series D. It's one way to deal with limited bellows draw. Others are using lenses with long barrels, or getting a double-extension RB Auto Graflex. Both are more expensive. This is a cheap-but-effective solution.
Issues might be light leaks in front standard, and seating lens-boards light-tight. Modifying that camera isn't a big deal, IMHO. The series D Graflex isn't a rare model. Not having an 'automatic light shield' is debatable-I find it in my way at times on my RB Series D, but it works when shooting outdoors, and I don't have the heart to cut it off of a near-mint camera.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: