Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1010c slipped a track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: 1010c slipped a track Reply with quote

of viral, bacterial, fungal, and oomycete conformation of proteins and polypeptides 72 Circular Dichroism in Protein Analysis acids. However, sequence alignment with
unit complexes, which are believed to act analog systems that can be used to refine tor channels, the exotic complex process
genes with intron sequences and spliced Selected examples of the majorchaperone families in the cell. family, which includes lipoprotein lipase
See also Bacterial Growth and Di- the reality is a little more bizarre. A group developed to transform the recombinant

Last edited by Joe on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Les

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: focusspot Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
I tried powering my focusspot with a couple of flash guns at a local camera shop. I couldn't get it to turn on. I got it to work with a battery pack I bought at Radioshack. What might be missing with the flash guns? Do they need to have a bulb installed in order to power the focusspot? Is there a specific flash gun needed? I've read all the earlier posts on the subject but it sounds as if all I need to do is plug it into the battery outlet in the gun with fresh batteries.

A couple of things come to mind.

the silver disc in the back is a switch and obviously you've figured that out as you've got it to work

Next up is which flash are you using? If a Graflite (brushed aluminum case square red flash button) , Heiland, or Mendelson it should work hooked up to the battery outlet.

If you are hooking up to the battery outlet and it still isn't working, then you need to check the outlet of the flash to see when (or if) it's hot.

A pocket DC voltmeter, a 3 or 4.5v flashlight light with a couple of pieces of wire soldered on will work.

If you are using the Graflex flash (the one with the glass eye in front) then it needs to be hooked up through that glass eye and you have to turn the little side switch on the side of the battery case up. This takes a special cable that hasn't been available for decades.
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I believe one of the guns I was trying was a graflite because I remember the red button. I also remember it only used two D size batteries. I guess it doesn't have to be 3? Can I use a digital battery tester to see if the outlet is hot? I was using a regular household to two prong cord. Would that have any effect?
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bulb in your Focuspot has to be the proper one for the number of batteries your flash gun uses. If your cord is good and the right one, the Focuspt should work if it's plugged in to the extension outlet of any flash gun. You can use any volt meter with adequate low voltage scale to check the outlet(s) on you flash. Use an ohm meter to check your cord for bad connections or broken wires. Wiggle it around while checking it. Broken wires can be maddening in their inconsistent operation.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
Les

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 or 3 cells doesn't tell me enough, Graflites were usually 3 cell but I think the Graflite Jr was a two cell.

The Graflite has a smallish square red button, (1/4" sq) the Graflex flash has a larger round red button. if the ports or contacts you were using were labeled, then it was a Graflite. It's also possible that the rotary switch on the Graflite was not on N.
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I believe one of the guns I was trying was a graflite because I remember the red button. I also remember it only used two D size batteries. I guess it doesn't have to be 3? Can I use a digital battery tester to see if the outlet is hot? I was using a regular household to two prong cord. Would that have any effect?
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the duplicate post. I'm not sure how that happened. In any case, the flash I tried was a graflite because the outlets were labeled. I remember seeing the rotatory switch and wondering what it was for. I don't remember what it was set on. So the switch needs to be on N? Why and what do the rest of the settings mean?
alecj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find a Graflite manual here: http://tinyurl.com/27lgz6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: