Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Museums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmaselli

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Museums Reply with quote

I am interesting in finding out whether any musuems exist expressly for Graflex cameras and etc? Thanks, Mike
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by "and etc." you include other brands besides Graflex, then surely the International House of Photography in Rochester, NY is the place to look. It's been a long time since I visited the place, housed in the George Eastman mansion, as Roch isn't along paths I usually travel (although I went to college there years ago). Others on this board can correct me, but I believe they have a rather large collection of cameras, etc., in addition to photographs. If you are located in, or will pass by, the vicinity, it will be worth a visit, I'm sure.
Les

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A museum based solely on a camera or even one camera company would not last long in this world. The George Eastman House is and always has been primarily a print / image museum. That said, cameras did end up on their door step and most of the historical collection of cameras (both Graflex and not) that the Graflex corporation acquired is now at the GEH, however not all of the Graflex cameras are on display at any one time. In fact very few Graphic cameras are out at a given time as the camera collection often adds to the print exhibit rather than being the exhibit itself.
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would update this. Mr. Maselli's collection is being housed at the Mitchell Museum of western art in Trinidad, Colorado. I have donated a couple of things for the display. The exhibit and museum will open for the season on May 2, 2010. I look forward to seeing it. Mr. Maselli has put a lot of effort into this exhibit, not to mention his collection of 40 or so Graflex cameras and accessories. If anyone is travelling north or south on I-25 near the Colorado-New Mexico line, I would highly recommend a visit to the museum. If you would like more info on the museum, do a web search for the Mitchell Museum.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
samuelddarden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You completely match our Stardew Valley 1.4 expectation and the variety of our information
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: