Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Series D curtain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbjorkum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Series D curtain Reply with quote

My 4x5 Series D curtain just gave in to old age. Come to think of it, the number of slits should be the same in both Series B, Series D, Super D and Speed Graphic? I haven't compared, but could it be that the curtains are interchangeable save for the tension shaft? Could I glue a Pacemaker Speed Graphic curtain to the Series D shafts?
Billy Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Morgan and Lester's Graphic Graflex Photography, the shutter curtain on the Graflex SLRs is slightly longer than that on the Speed Graphic. It might be possible with some improvising to adapt a Graphic curtain, but I'm not sure about that.
DHF845

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: series D curtain Reply with quote

RB Series B, RB Series D, curtains of same film size would work. A curtain for a non-RB model or Graphic won't. It's not long enough to cover the vertical dimension of the format (5 inches tall). 4x5 Super D had the 'simplified' shutter, may not interchange. Ask Bert Saunders, he'll know what will work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: