Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened to Serial Number Savy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shutterfinger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone wanting the Microsoft Word doucement list of numbers that I made the origional post from and the 1968 date code buliten General Precision Equipement ownership leave me your email address in a Private Message before August 25, 2008 and I will send them to you. Requests after this date may go unanswered and no request posted here will be answered. I will not look up email addresses in profiles. My objection is with the owner of the book and the owners of this site who choose to support him/her if they are different people.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutterfinger, all you did was compile information from numerous responses by Gandolf himself (or his surrogate), with due credit to the source having been given by you, and therefore this information had already become public by virtue of those separate responses having been posted. Your compiling of all those separate responses could not in any way, shape, or form be considered, by any rational person, as a violation of anyone's putative "rights" in the original source. Indeed, your compilation falls under the category of "research."

Quite apart from the "ownership" issue, which is a separate topic altogether (though IMO any claims of ownership of the contents of a non-copyrighted work are completely without merit), there can be no valid claim of privilege attached, or restriction of access, to information already freely made public by the holder of the source. I, and I assume others as well, have copied and saved your list from the Google cache source, and I will gladly respond to inquiries as to the dating of Graflex equipment.
C. Henry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with the above post by the other Henry. As has happened several times before he and I have had parallel thoughts.
While I am not an attorney at law (and do not intend to pay one to verify this) I suspect that the holder of "THE BOOK" may not have a solid legal right to it or exclusive rights to the information it contains.
I thank you for emailing me the Microsoft Word Document file of your list, which I received just after I downloaded and saved your list from the Google Cache source. I will, like Henry, be glad to reply to inquiries on the dating of Graflex cameras.
Again, Thanks for your research work! it is appreciated by many.

C. Henry
RichS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, a lot seems to happen around here when I'm not around...

I agree with the comments that absolutely no copyright can be granted or held on such a "book" or it's contents. From what I read of that thread, it was mostly a compilation of information that was already in other threads. What's the big deal???

If someone has a formatted version of the numbers and data, I would be more than happy to make it available on my site along with the other boos and materials for Graphics...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: