Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restoration of "light sabre" to flash unit advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C. Henry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Restoration of "light sabre" to flash unit advice Reply with quote

I have been offered a "******** Graflex 2742 Light Sabre" at a very good price. Has anyone restored one of these to use as a flash unit? If so what problems/challenges did you encounter?
Is it worth even trying or should I look to buy a working unit instead of trying to reconvert this "Light Sabre"?

C. Henry
C. Henry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed the "Light Saber" by and later bought a three cell Graflex Synchronizer unit already in working condition at a price not much above the asking price of the "Light Saber".
It seems that it isn't worth the trouble to undo the destruction done by the ******** fans!

C. Henry
Les

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh but think of the S A T I S F A C T I O N !!!!!
GraflexFlashLover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cant believe the animosity towards SW fans on this board. Because of their desire to own Graflex flashes, tons of nice replicas flooded the market and brought down the cost of vintage flashes. While its true that the days of the $10 Graflex flash are gone, getting one for less than $100 is fairly easy. Also, the replicas that are currently being produced are just as functional as a vintage one.
Les

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: GraflexFlashLover Reply with quote

Check your private messages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: