Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tele megor shutter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ngonping

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: tele megor shutter Reply with quote

I have noticed i can prime, and release the shutter manually on the meyer tele megor by gently pulling a latch on the lens body. is this latch for a different cable release? i also noticed a screw mount around the edge of the lens, where it meets the mount. is this for a "screw in" cable release? sorry for these questions, i am a beginner with these old tele.
troublemaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the body-release button at the bottom right, which is connected inside the body to a cable release that runs under the bellows and up under to the front-standard, and to a mechanical linkage which thereby opperates the shutter release lever?
This is standard to all Pacemaker camera bodies I believe. Not a great feature unless they run butter smooth. Depending on one's technique, they can introduce a lot of camera twist or movement upon releasing the shutter. On the Pacemaker Speed Graphic however, it is the prefered way to release the shutter as the only other alternative is a front-rear-release selector not present on Crowns as they do not have a rear FPS.
Are you with me?
The body release, if working, can also be a convenient way to release a shutter it is set up for if the camera is on a sturdy support.
However, while not as complicated or involved as recalibrating a Kalart side RF when changing a lens, the front standard release linkage is pretty much a one lens or one shutter set up. On my cameras, I leave the release lever paddle snug but not super tight, which enables me to easily turn it outwards to accomodate a supplimental lens. Often the paddle interferes with getting a regular cable release onto some shutters, esspecially on the more compact 23 series cameras.
ngonping

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the lens collar, there is a ratchet, and also a button with a thread for a screw. maybe the ratchet is for bulb exposures. regardless, with a fabric cable release I am going to be using the button with the screw thread. I think the tele megor attatches the wrong way up to use the paddle on the body. it seems to be in the wrong place. now, the shutter speed dial is on the top. maybe the ratchet is for a wire pull cable release, which sounds REALLY old. is it push the shutter once, to open the leaf shutter, then twice to fire the shutter? it seems that way on the tele megor. i guess i will discover this when i attatch the release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: