Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AVAILABLE FILM FOR POLAROID 545 BACK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lensman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is available for this Polaroid 545 Back...Color, B&W, film speed....recomendations?
Les

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.polaroid.co.uk/products/product_list.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=284705&bmLocale=en_GB&bmUID=1011561243096&PRDREG=GB
Barking Spiders

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the polaroid film, you can use whatever you can get with the Kodak readyloads and fuji quickloads. B/W print, Color print, Color slide film.

Very nice when you are hiking and dont want to carry a lot of film holders. Just use the 545, and carry quickloads or readyload film.
Lensman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the two who replied....useful info. May I ask why if the Polaroid 545 Back produces 'instant' pictures (with appropriate film that is an 'instant' type), and IF the 545 back contains 'rollers' to squeeze the instant film - as I think rollers do on a regular Polaroid camera - how is it that 'Quickload'film holders are even accepted for use in the 545 back? Wouldn't the rollers try to ROLL/SQUEEZE the film holders? And when the 545 back came out, were there even ANY 'Quickload' films available? If not, how on earth would Polaroid - or more correctly - the makers of the Quickload know the 545 would accept their Quickloads? Has to be a simple answer that escapes me!
Also, is the 545i model an improved version and is it 'better'? THANKS
Les

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack film adapters work differently than the sheet film holders. With Pack film you pull a tab that set up the film to be squeezed. With sheet film the film has to go in the same slot it comes out. So there's a lever labeled "load" and "process" ( Now just L & P) Wit the lever positioned in "load" the rollers are seperated so the Polaroid, Kodak, Fjui or I think even a Mido film holder would fit in.
The 545 back pre dates the quick & ready loads by almost a decade, so it was the standard the rest had to follow.
The 545i came out when Polaroid was losing market share and profit. SoPoaroid claims that after 5 years the old 545 is worn out and you need to buy a new 545i that's lighter (more plastic, less metal).and better designed (larger profit margin) The 545 pro has the timer built in.
Lensman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LES...That is just what I needed to know!
pup7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that you can use kodak and fuji quick load in the 545, but ive heard they sometimes get stuck. that they work best in the holders made for them. any truth to this? does one brand work better than the other in the 545?
Lensman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are a number of Polaroid 545's ******* on eBay, but just curious if Polaroid still makes them, and what models...545i....545Pro?....Prices?
Lensman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I improperly state something in my previous post to produce ******* these?
Les

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check ebay for prices. the 545i is the newest version of the 545. Polaroid claims that the older ones wear out in 5 years and you need a new one. Polaroid is also heading for Chapter 11 and really needs you to buy a new one.
The new one has more plastic and less metal. The Pro version has an integrated timer in it. Check the Polaorid website for more details, check old auctions on ebay for prices.
Les

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you used the proper spelling of "fore sail". which is a no no here.

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2002-02-09 19:12 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: