Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 1/4 X 3 1/4 Sheet Film Discontinued
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim2x3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodak has withdrawn 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Tri-X Prof., Ilford has withdrawn FP4 in this size. Only HP5+ is still made in this size. Does anyone know of any other emulsions left in this size? It HP5+ the last? I still shoot about 5 boxes of film in this size / year with my good old Century Graphic. It's nice to have bellows adjustments and not have to remove the ground glass back to switch to rolls.
xkw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-06-20 18:09, Jim2x3 wrote:
Kodak has withdrawn 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Tri-X Prof., Ilford has withdrawn FP4 in this size. Only HP5+ is still made in this size. Does anyone know of any other emulsions left in this size? It HP5+ the last? I still shoot about 5 boxes of film in this size / year with my good old Century Graphic. It's nice to have bellows adjustments and not have to remove the ground glass back to switch to rolls.

This is exactly the problem I wished to find an answer for. Most of my 2x3s won't accept a roll film holder. I wasn't aware that any still existed. Has anyone tried cutting another sheet film to size?

LelandRay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a "small" sheet film camera, but it seems to me that someone could design a jig to hold the film while cutting it to size in the darkroom. I was thinking about a rotary paper cutter with guides set in place to align 4x5 or 5x7 film.
Les

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it for larger sizes, and I have to say, it's a pain. The way I do it is to set up to paper cutters that are nice and sharp. Set up a stop on one cutter for one dimention and the second dimention on the other. If you are going to lose the notches, as I sometimes have I took a high quality paper punch, and wrapped gaffer tape around the jaws so that it punches half way, ie notch.

With the scrapbooking world making new punches daily, it might be better to buy one of their corner rounders and round the upper right corner.

DonH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
Sorry I'm so late, just found you guys! Check http://www.filmforclassics.com. They advertise 21/4X31/4 Ilford at $35 per box(25) Hope it helps.
ricksplace1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought Ilford FP4+ 2-1/4 X 3-1/4 from Henry's in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I bought the last of their stock, but they said that they could order more at $16.00 CANADIAN!! (about $11.00 US) for a box of 25.
Their website is henrys.com (I think)
alecj

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: jigs, you might look on eBay. One to cut 3x4 film from 4x5 sheets just sold. You might get some ideas from it. Didn't look too high tech.

It was in either photo/darkroom, or photo/lf
GLENLIVET

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 1/4 x 3 1/4 cut film is available in the UK from "Mr Cad", a leading professional supplier in Croydon, near London. I think it comes from somewhere in East Europe and is listed as "Maco B+W cut film 100 ASA 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 30 sheets £7.23". (Something like $10.)It is good. Also 25 ASA Maco Orthochromatic cut film in this size. Mr Cad has a web site at:
http://www.mrcad.co.uk\
They will post anywhere and are good and reliable. (Also large collection of lenses in shutters for Graflex.)
GLENLIVET

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. The maco film works in Graflex No 5 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 film holders perfectly.
hartwell_a_m

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 baby speed graphic and I have found that the old Adapt-A-Roll roll backs work with 120 and 220 roll film quite well. You should save the 620 take up roll if you send your film out for processing.
Les

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&H photo sells 2x3 sheet HP5+ for 13.30. They also sell 11x14 HP5+ for those folmer & Schwing portrait and banquet cameras
xyzphoto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-06-25 07:27, Les wrote:
I've done it for larger sizes, and I have to say, it's a pain. The way I do it is to set up to paper cutters that are nice and sharp. Set up a stop on one cutter for one dimention and the second dimention on the other. If you are going to lose the notches, as I sometimes have I took a high quality paper punch, and wrapped gaffer tape around the jaws so that it punches half way, ie notch.

With the scrapbooking world making new punches daily, it might be better to buy one of their corner rounders and round the upper right corner.

xyzphoto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-18 18:18, xyzphoto wrote:I forsee the need to cut film in order to have color for my 3x4 Graflex RB Series D. Can anyone tell me if anything can touch the emulsion side. For example, could a wood block covered with construction paper be laid on the emulsion side to hold the film as it was cut?

Quote:

On 2001-06-25 07:27, Les wrote:

hartwell_a_m

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be careful that you dont scrath the emultion. Fiskars makes a rotery cutter that works well use Gaphers tape to mark the cutter at 3" and at 4" and you will be fine just try to make sure that you dont cut off the noches.
Sven Dahl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-06-20 18:09, Jim2x3 wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: