Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic View Support

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karnopp

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Graphic View Support Reply with quote

I have read that the Graphic View is useless without the tripod which was usually sold with it.

I would like to use the GV with a geared head that I have. Is the tripod head a complete unit, or could I use part of it with my geared head?
Les

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tripod support for the GV is a tilt pan head with a 1/4 20 threaded hole in the bottom and a V shaped clamp at the top to hold the rail of the camera.

This mount is compatible with any tripod that has a 1/4 -20 stud
Les
karnopp

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying the the v-clamp and the pan head are separate? And if so, I could toss the pan head and attach the v-clamp to my gear head.

I have been warned to get a GV with the tripod head attached. But if all I need is the V-clamp, that is more precise.

Thanks
Bruce :
Les

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope the V clamp is intregal to camera mount/tripod mount.

Think of it this way, Sinar, Cambo, Arca, Calumet, Kodak Master all have a solid block that attaches the rail of their camera to any tripod. if you don't have this, the camera is useless.

Graflex went one step further and made that solid block tilt and pan.

You can play this a couple of ways... mount the camera with its tilt pan head onto the head currently on your tripod. This makes for several places to adjust the camera. Some people that do it this way replace the arm of the GV mount with a bolt, which effectively locks the tilt pan up.

Remove the head from the tripod and mount the camera directly. On smaller tripods this will work as the head mount is 1/4-20, on larger tripods the stud is 3/8 16 so an adapter plate is necessary.

The expensive route is to buy the third party, solid mount. There's a guy that was selling them on ebay for $99.00
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: