Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strobonar 700 or Ascor Auto 1600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SYNCHROJAMES

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Strobonar 700 or Ascor Auto 1600 Reply with quote

I have two flash guns-an Ascor auto1600 and a Honeywell Strobonar 700. I can get the batteries replaced, and I have a tubular flash bracket from an old King Sol flash gun that appears to fit on the strobonar. The Ascor does have a cracked battery case cap-the spring was so strong it pushed the bottom out. Any thoughts as to which would do the job? I am using a 6x7 roll back on my CG, so I don't need real heavy artillery. Could the Ascor be set up with an outside battery?
thanks, James
C. Henry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James;

IIRC the Strobonar 700 has sub-C rechargable batteries. If you have the charger/AC power pack that will do the job quite well. I use a Strobonar 770 on the rare occasions that call for a flash with my Speed Graphic. It will operate off the power pack even without batteries. The big question on all these vintage electronic flash units is the condition of the capacitors.

C. Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: