Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horseman Polaroid Back with L spacer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
R_J

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving home again,I've found my old Horseman 6x9cm Polaroid back which won't fit onto my Graflex Century.

It is a 2x3" film back, however there is so little space to activate the clips and hold the Polaroid holder in place. There is also an L bracket for adjusting the front spacer to correct for the space.

I've been trying to figure out how I got it to work on the Graflex Century before. Talk about amnesia.

Anyone have any experience with this?
ImageMaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you describe, that holder doesn't preserve the film plane (if it uses modern pack film, it couldn't do so and still fit a Century; the film packs are wider than the space in the 2x3 Graflok back). It sounds like you would install the back (which might be tricky, but once done should be no big deal) and then use the "bracket" to set back the front standard by the same amount as the setback of the film plane, so as to preserve function of the RF and/or focus scale.

For getting the back on, there ought to be enough room to operate the slide locks; you'd pull them back, lift out the focus panel, drop the Polaroid back into place (with the rib engaging the groove in the camera back) -- and there should still be room to slide the locks back in and lock the back into place. If there isn't, there's something else wrong...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: