Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Optical Viewfinder on a Super Graphic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANDRE

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

I know that these optical viewfinders are about as necessary as teats on a boar-hog, but I have one, and I have a Super Graphic to mount it on. Problem is; the screw-on base looks a bit large to mount next to the plastic range scale. I realize this was made for a wooden framed Speed or Crown, hence the sharp little biting tabs on the bottom.

Were the viewfinder bases for the Supers different? At some time, someone drilled out two holes on the frame, but they are a lot farther apart than the length of the viewfinder base. What’s up with this? How do I mount this beast?
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optical view finders for the Supers IS different from the one for Speed and Crown which is different from Century's.

Super base is 18mm wide at the bottom and T-shaped to 20mm at the top, 5mm tall; 48mm long with two attaching screws in the middle 8mm from each end. Base has two indentations for positioning viewfinder.
Optical finder slides on base and has relaese arm that latches into base indentations.
They are the same color as the Supers also.

Charles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: