Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polaroid #500 back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkroomjunky62

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all Well finally I have a Graflex! In aweek Friends and I are off to shot it for the fiirst time. Now the problem I did get a good deal on the Polaroid back and tem sheet film holds but playing with the back I found that the rubber spline roller has some damage to it for now can I but the film back in and reroll it right a way to hope to spread the chems and where can I find a replacement or what to use to make one?
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be successfull in reinserting the film into the back and re removing in the process position IF you are really fast Polaroid type 52 process time is 20 seconds @ 70 degrees F, Polapan 100 color film process time is 90 seconds a 70 degrees F.

Look for a good 545 or 545i instead.

troublemaker

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45's advise is good. The going rates on Polaroid holders is low enough that they aren't worth screwing around with beyond general cleaning, and there are a lot of them around. the 500 is a solid unit but does not have the film sleeve stop, and for using Fuji or Kodak quick loads the later model holders mentioned above makes more sense, as well for the instant film.
If you are not aware, the 545 is a solid unit of metal construction, similar to the 500, and the 545i has a plastic body, and while nice because it is lighter, should be taken into account. I have used several of all three types and even when working well, can spread the chems unevenly occasionally (probably because I tend to pull them too fast sometimes), thus re-rolling would probably not work out and thereby only make more of a mess than helping the problem...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: