Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fo-Graf-Ek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about Newton and Brand and Printex and Baco has reminded me that, when I was in college (c. 1960), I had a directory issue of "Popular Photography" that listed, among many other things, currently-produced press and view cameras.

The cheapest one was called a "Fo-Graf-Ek" (I may not have the spelling just right). It was said to be a 2¼ x 3¼ camera with a rubber bellows, and it sold for under $100.

I have never seen or heard anything else about this camera, if it ever actually existed -- not everything that appears in a directory issue is there because an editor really knows where to get one! My edition of McKeown's doesn't list it.

Has anybody ever seen one?
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but not many foks have seen a Rex Labs press camera either, but I have one. The name you give seems to be a takeoff on Folmer Graflex and I'll bet a court put a quick halt to that idea.
Hmmm-- might have been a rubber camera, too.

"Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"

[ This Message was edited by: glennfromwy on 2005-11-16 15:55 ]
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "rubber bellows" always sounded to me like a very, very bad idea, and I have spent four and a half decades trying to imagine what it might have looked like!

In an era when every $1 Japanese subminiature camera from 1951 has been documented, you would think that this meatball would have come to somebody's attention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: