Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

120 Roll Film Holder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob L

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help me with the procedure for loading a Graflex 120 Roll Film Holder.
Is there a place where I may down load a manual and if not can someone fill me in as to the steps involed like when to set the "s" start on the counter and so forth.
Thanks
Bob
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see if I can remember - place the empty spool on the take-up side, put the full spool in it's former place, bring the backing paper around to the empty spool, be sure the black side is facing out. Don't laugh, I've run a few insire out. It will ruin your day. After affixing the backing paper to the take-up spool, wind until the start arrow on the backing paper lines up with the mark near the supply spool, Assemble the holder. Put the counter on top to "S" and start winding until it stops at no. 1. After each shot, to advance, push down the release on the back and wind to the next frame. It should lock when ready. After tthe last frame is exposed, you can keep winding until you are sure all the backing paper is on the take-up spool and you are ready to open it and reload. Whew! I think that's it and I hope I got it right. I get confused sometimes. Hope it helps.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a downloadable PDF version at http://www.southbristolviews.com/
click on graflex manuals on left palne.

To clear up what Glen said, With the back of the insert where the spools go facing you the spool slot on the left is the supply (new roll) and the one on the right is the take up. Install new roll so that the roll unwinds with the paper comming off the roll closest to the inside of the housing. The paper goes into the take up with the paper close to the back plate of the holder insert. Put leader edge of paper into slot in center of spool and turn spool to the right causing paper to go from right to left until leader edge is now back in contact with the incoming paper (approximately 1 turn of the spool) to prevent slipage. Now using wind lever advance film until Start arrow on the supply aligns with the Start arrow on the holder insert. Insert align Start arrow will be on the inside Top of the insert. Put insert into shell. With darkslide in place turn indicator to "S" and then use wind knob/lever to advance until unit locks at "1".

Bob L

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, that is just the info. I needed.
I new I came to the right place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: