Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Framelines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS-98B

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just got an XL through the post today. It looks to be in good shape and is the ex-military type - the KS-98B. It came with a 6x7 back; an RH10 I think.
I started playing with the wind lever and almost immediately the little bit inside that spins the film spool fell out. I can't get it back on. I think I might have ruined the thread on it by trying to put it back on. Either that or it was already bust and insecurely fitted.
Would anyone be able to advise me on where to find a replacement if the thread has gone?
Also, I want to use the camera with 6x9 backs but am unsure how the framelines would relate to what I would get on film. I have the 100mm tessar. There are three framelines, two quite wide in the viewfinder and one much smaller. I read on graflex.org that an 80,100, and 180 configuration exists, and this could well be what I have.
I also read that framelines can vary in XL models and so am curious as to which ones I have. Is anyone familiar with the KS-98B?
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the flat washer on the bottom of the pinion shaft and while holding the wind lever or knob install the wind key to the pinion shaft by turning it to the left until tight.
KS-98B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for advice. Got part back on.

Still wouldn't mind some advice on framelines though. Did they vary amongst models? Anyone familiar with the spec of the model I have?
puderse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used this camera while a military photog. The frame lines corespond roughly to the lenses in the kit. Everyone in the shop wanted to use the newest Nikons so they left me to sort through the pile of 2 1/4 equipment. There was quite an array of accessories available but a lot of them were plastic and didn't last the rough use they got in the field. When they got wobbly they usually went out the door of a Huey and were replaced. Surviving kits may have been little used since they weren't as glamerous as the Fs and the M3s.
mav6977

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my 1966 Catalog the frame lines
are for 80,100, and 180mm lenses used with the 6*7 backs and represent 90% of the actual picture size at infinity. I too have heard that the framelines differ on some models but have no concrete evidence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex XL Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: