Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kalart master Automatic synchronizer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
melquart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
since the male bipost plugs of my optar does’nt trip the flash, I’d like to use the Kalart master automatic synchronizer. On the rear side there is a round selector with S and M plus two marks. Are them for the synchro set up with different shutter speeds? How can I use them ?
Thanks,
Marino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marino;
If you'll go to
http://www.datelinelondon.de/
and click onto the 'files' section you will find the manual to the Kalart Master flashgun in PDF format, along with many other interesting manuals and pamphlets.
melquart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Top,
unfortunately I was not be able to find the manual for the Kalart Automatic Syncronizer on this web site. There are the ones for the Kalart rangefinder and for the F Model Camera. The Kalart Automatic Synchronizer is a mechanical shutter cord that contemporary trip the flash through the direct connection to the Kalart female plugs. Anyway I found a very interesting website.
Thanks for your help,
Marino

per aspera ad astra
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "M" setting is for medium peak flash bulbs. It provides a delay to enable the bulb to reach it's peak output. The "S" setting is for gas filled Speed Midget bulbs but can also be used for electonic flash (no delay). Synchronization is adjusted by lengthening or shortening the cable via the screw fitting on the shutter cable. These things are neat, as they can be adjusted to sync with just about anything. You will need to set it up to sync properly with your camera and the particular bulbs you are using. Flash should peak when the shutter leaves are wide open.

"Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"

[ This Message was edited by: glennfromwy on 2005-03-13 09:59 ]
melquart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,
nice to hear this complete explanation. Now I will try to test the sync of the shutter with a green led, that I read has a similar speed of my #5 flashbulbs.
Thank you very much Glenn.

per aspera ad astra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marino;
My error, sorry. I hadn't scanned the Kalart manual yet for Jens to post.
While scanning, I discovered that the manual I have is for the latter version of the Master Flashgun and only covers the Automatic Synchronizer in the most cursory manner. Glenn gave you the basics on setting up the Synchronizer. If you have one of the little screw-in adapters for the socket in the flashgun so that you can use a flashlight bulb you can get pretty close to perfect synch without burnning through a lot of flashbulbs.
As to the Dateline:London website, help yourself. That's why it was set up. As we come across more manuals and literature we'll post them there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: