Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A place for everything & everything in its place???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crawdad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got the fiber case for my Crown Graphic 4X5 and was trying to figure out where everything goes. I could just cram it all down in there "somewhere", but would rather know what each compartment is designed for. I thought I had seen a diagram of this somewhere, but can't remember. Does anyone have a sketch or diagram they could post or send to me? Thanks very much.

alecj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a go, Ron. Like everything else from Graflex, there were different models. My sticker is glued to the case, but here's what mine says:

Start with the middle, front. Obviously, that's the camera. It has moveable partitions so that it will fit either a Speed or Crown [I've got the Crown like you]. Mine fits in laying on its left side down, rangefinder up. Then go clockwise to the left. Some have a pocket at the end of the camera slot, into which a lens on a lensboard fits. If so, it has a snap cover. Some don't have that. Against the left wall, the 5" reflector. Around the corner, on the back corner wall, the 7" reflector. I also put my extension flash equipment down around in there as well, with the extension cords, the strap for the case [some cases were longer than others, and had straps which went around the case allowing it to be carried over the shoulder - some don't have that] and remote release cord.

Middle back pocket, Graflex says flashbulbs, accessories. I keep flash cords there as well. Both pockets on right wall, holders. Graflex says holders, accessories for the back pocket, and just holders for the front pocket. My combination depends on how many Grafmatic backs I'm carrying. I usually just carry 8 double film holders.

On the inside top, from the left, sunshade, then 3-cell battery case on the bottom, and flashcords under the elastic above [I don't use that arrangement since it would obviously stretch the elastic eventually.

That's what the sticker from Graflex says, with my deviations. Oh, I also modify my case with thin pieces of foam rubber under and behind the camera. I just don't want it rattling around in there. I keep instructions books, etc. in the slot in front of the camera next to the front wall.

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2001-11-02 08:24 ]
crawdad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much, appreciate your help. I had guessed right on some of it after all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: