Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reflex viewer > Century etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know of a reflex viewer (first surface mirror @ 45deg) that would clip over ground glass of a Century? Sure would make it easier to operate.

These things were made for Sinar, Linhof, Calumet, Toyo et al 4X5 format...should be relatively easy to put together ($20 mirror plus thin birch plywood), but I'd rather buy a gizmo if such a thing was available and cheap enough (the Calumet was cheap).
Les

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the sinar version on a P and the amount of light loss was impressive in the studio. I finally gave up on it.

I suspect that 2x3 is so much more hand holdable that nobody in the 50s ever marketed such a bracket.

If they make such a thing now for the new 2x3 monorails, it will be expensive.

djon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to rely on a Toyo G (price nearly like then top Sinar) with Toyo reflex finder...it lost less than a stop by measurement Vs ground glass. Japanese optics

I also used a Calumet device, not Horseman...OK with light but very klunky, not to mention ugly.

Guess I'll make my own. There is zero reason to lose much light with front surface mirrors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: