Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unusual Graflite mounting bracket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The university photo department cleaned out their storage room today, and I of course looted all the Graflex bits from the pile of stuff they didn't want anymore. One thing was rather interesting: a Graflite bracket that attaches via the tripod socket.

Specifics: L-shaped bracket with a tripod screw and nonslip rubber on the long arm, and a mounting strip (the bit that the clamps attach to, similar to the one that's normally attached to the rangefinder of a Graphic) on the short arm. The mounting strip is mounted on a spring-loaded, toothed bit that allows it to rotate 360 degrees in 10-degrees increments. Says "Graflite" in the '60s font on the inside of the short arm.

I've never seen one before, which leads me to think it must be rare and valuable (or useless and hated). Anybody know when it was made, and what I should ask for it if I were to decide to auction it off?

[ This Message was edited by: Baker on 2004-10-06 16:57 ]
alecj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me more like a Honeywell bracket for 35mm cameras [unless it has a square plate - then it's for a 2 1/4]. I once used [especially with that "toothed" adjustment. I suspect that was one made by them for the express purpose of using Graflite equipment with those cameras.

In order to use Graflite flash units with such brackets, I drilled holes an attached the necessary Graflex part with bolts & nuts.

Graflex did make those L brackets, but I don't remember theirs with the "toothed" adjustment.

Neither rare, nor useful I suspect. Just my 2¢.

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2004-10-06 19:13 ]
disemjg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these, new in the box. It is catalog number 2760. The long narrow platform for the camera suggests to me that they were trying to cater to the 35mm market, although it would have fit anything. Nothing special as far as I know.
danimal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I've got one like that from a Kalart flashgun. I didn't know that Singer made one too.
Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: