Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adjusting a Graflex Flash Synchronizer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wlewisiii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've searched & looked here and at southbristol, but haven't found anything on this. If I've overlooked the obvious, a pointer is greatly appreciated.

I have an Anniversary with a nice 1943 mfg 127/4.7 Ektar in a Supermatic shutter with the board mounted flash synchronizer. I also have a 3 cell flash with a large bulb mount and 7" reflector. I'd like to invest in a cord and some bulbs, but before I do that I want to make sure the synchronizer is correctly adjusted.

I managed to splice a bit of hosed cord to a lamp cord (!)(and not something I'd consider using with real bulbs and film!) to test that the flash unit circuts at least were in working condition, but the synchronizer wouldn't trip the shutter 90% of the time. Still if I hit the button on the three cell it would make the solenoid operate so the mess is at least partially working.

Admittedly, using flash bulbs these days is a bit of a fools errand inherently, but I'd like to experiance using them on my Anny just to know what could be done in the day. My last experiance with any kind of bulbs was magic cubes back in the 70's before my mother invested in her pride and joy - a Canon AE-1 (that I do still have.).

Besides, if I can make this work and can lay in a decent number of bulbs, my (currently 4 yr old) son won't ever be tempted to make a light saber out of it... A blaster, maybe, if he thinks back on the flash...

William

RichS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very difficult to find really. I just did a search for "adjust solenoid" (find ALL words) and came up with this, which should answer your question.

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?topic=1453&forum=7
wlewisiii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There it is, big as day. And now it works just fine. Don't know why I didn't get it to come up the other day...

Thank you, though, I do appreciate it.

William

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: