Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lenses for a Super Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karnopp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently obtained a Super Graphic camera. I put a modern APO 135mm lens on it. I would like a trio of lenses. One wide
75-105mm and one long 240-300mm.

Somewhere on Graplex.org, it seems I saw the widest focal length which the Super can handle. And I would like to know if the Super can accomodate a 300mm lens.

If this information is here, I apologise.

Thanks
Bruce

University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
bkarnopp@sbcglobal.net
karnopp@umich.edu
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The body of the "Super" is pretty much the same depth as the "Crown." I don't have mine here to measure, but I think the total extension is over 12 ins. I'd guess, then, that it could accept a 300mm. lens, but you might need to devise some sort of modest extension to the lensboard if you wanted to focus close. A telephoto design would get you around this; Rodenstock made some good 270mm. true telephotos for Graflex.

Earlier discussion of the "Super" and wide-angle lenses mentioned that, unlike the "Pacemakers," the "Super" body does not hinge the rear section of the rail or 'yoke" to the part that travels on the bed. That discussion suggested that the way around this is to use a helical focusing mount (Schneider made them, and perhaps still does), attached to a lensboard. I'd guess that this would be important if the lens were shorter than 90mm. in focal length, but will defer to the "Super" owners on the exact cutoff.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2004-09-06 13:58, karnopp wrote:
I have recently obtained a Super Graphic camera. I put a modern APO 135mm lens on it. I would like a trio of lenses. One wide
75-105mm and one long 240-300mm.

Somewhere on Graplex.org, it seems I saw the widest focal length which the Super can handle. And I would like to know if the Super can accomodate a 300mm lens.

If this information is here, I apologise.

Thanks
Bruce

I think that if you check, you'll find that the 17"/5.6 TeleRaptar (that's around 380 mm) was sold in shutter and can be used on a Super.

Cheers,

Dan
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard mounted 12 inch Kodak Commercial Ektar, Gorez Dagor, and simular in Ilex #4 shutter will just fit on the camera and will focus to about 25~30 feet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: