Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

missing electrodes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quiver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just recently gotten intrested in using the press style camera. The one that I plan to use is my dads. A Crown Graphic 2x3, late of the Norwalk Police Department. The flash gun in the set seems to have seen rough use. The flash gun is the glass eye type but the electrodes in the sockets are missing. Does anyone know how to repair this. From the one left they look like they would have screwed in. Thanks in advance.
Les

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The glass eye flash had a port on each side, and an outlet in the center. Check to see if the outlet in front still has it's contacts. It should do the same thing the round ports do.

Les

Quiver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that feature out. The way I see it I have two options. One is that I cut one end off of the flash cord that I have and attach a vintage looking electrical plug to it. (appearing vintage is important to me.) Or I could see if I can find a compatible connector for the flash posts use a section of electrical cord and plug. (less vintage looking but would work) The second option would definatily be more difficult, but I really don't want to alter the flash cable that came with the set. Any ideas about finding the flash post connector?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: