Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic View I lensboards
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Aero Ektar mounted in a CC-400 recessed board, inside out, so it's now an an outy instead of an inny. It fits my Anniversary Speeds just fine. The little lip doesn't allow the slide to go all the way but it has plenty of grip to hold it. Those cast boards would be easy to grind the lip off, if needed. I use Beseler boards from my 45M enlarger for putting Polaroid MP-4 lenses on my Annies.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
Nick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried a Beseler board and at least it doesn't fit my GV I. Now my enlarger is 30+ years old and I bet the boards are to so it's possible they've gotten thinner over the years.
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies, Nick. Your post made me think about this, so I went and checked my enlarger boards. I do indeed have some that fit my Speed, but here's why - they are about 1/16 of an inch too big all around in their natural state and I had forgotten that I had trimmed a couple down some years ago and attached a mounting ring for a 162mm f/4.5 Raptar. This odd size ring also works for the MP-4 lenses. Ah, senior moments. I have also come up with what might be a GV flat board. I don't have a GV so I can't say for sure. It is silver/grey hammer tone finish on the front and has a number cast on the back - 25631. It has a light trap ridge on the back, different from the Calumet boards and the little bevel on the bottom. It fits my Speeds. I don't know if I could scan a picture of it. I would part with it, as it is an uncommon item and I can always make wooden boards. Leave me a PM.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
Thomas Evans

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For ten kinds of very nice hardwoods, such as Honduras Mahogany, Birch, Cherry... see
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/search_results.cfm?filter=lumber&objectgroup_id=192 They will cut small sizes for you, so you can order the 'parts' you might need. You can get a 1/2" thick piece of mahogany up to 9.5" wide; cherry up to 5.75" wide. Rockler also has hard-to-find hardware and wood-working tools.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: